The Earth, Energy, and Environmental Sciences Department provides amazing opportunities in environmental science, energy, geology, and geography. We aim to give students the practical tools to meet today’s environmental challenges that include climate change, resource scarcity, waste management, energy use, and loss of biodiversity.
We provide opportunities such as
· Learning about climate, landforms, soils, water, plants, and animals
· Applying sound geological and ecological principles to environmental challenges
· Surveying the earth, atmosphere, and related phenomena
· Conducting field research in the unique landscapes of southwest Utah
· Studying and comparing different places, countries, and regions of the world
Coursework and research in the department are focused on a practical and scientific understanding of the natural world around us. Students learn how to apply the scientific method to some of the most severe problems facing our planet.